Question

Honor Student
MamaChickadee
Message 1 of 5 (91 Views)

HP Photosmart 5510 will not print in black ink

Hello, I started having an issue with my photosmart 5510. It slowly stopped printing in black in. I started printing, it printed a few pages normally, but then phased out to not printing black at all. When searching for solutions, I found a forum where an expert mentioned different instructions that have to be messaged privately, may I also have these instructions?

I have tried all the suggested steps and still no black ink, only wasting colored ink while I try one fix or another and then do a test page after each try.

I have had this printer for more than a year, possibly more than 2 years even, so it is way out of warranty and I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thank you.

PS I did try to private message the expert, but it wouldn't send due to "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and send the message when you are satisfied." and it still wouldn't send. So here I am making a whole new thread about it :/

Honor Student
MamaChickadee
Message 2 of 5 (90 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 will not print in black ink

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 3 of 5 (67 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi MamaChickadee,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 5510, you are unable to print in black ink.

You have completed the steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, with no success and would like to try the reset on the machine. I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge and do not feel a reset would help in this situation.

I would like to get this taken care of for you as soon as possible, can you please let me know which Country/Region you are in?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
MamaChickadee
Message 4 of 5 (61 Views)

This morning I discovered that there is black ink all over inside the printer.. so I don't think any reset will help here.. I will need new parts and I do not want to mess with that.. I might as well buy a new printer. But thank you for your response.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 5 of 5 (58 Views)

MamaChickadee,

I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks again for your continued efforts!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation