Question

Student
Tswana
Message 1 of 4 (1,000 Views)

HP Photosmart 5510

Recently changed the cartridges in my HP 5510 and when I ran the alignment an error message popped up saying alignment unsuccessful.  Won't print in black anymore either.  Ran clean print heads and all the others cleaning and even a diagnostic tool and appears to be no problem but it still won't print. 

My system is Windows 7 professional 32 bit connected wirelessly.

Did not have any print problems prior to installation of new HP cartridges.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 4 (991 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510

Hello Tswana,

If you remove the print cartridges and reinstall them, does the printer try to run a new alignment process?

Does it pass or provide the same error message?

If it fails once more, disconect the printer power cable while it is on. Leave the pritner disconnected for about 60 seconds, then reconnect it. When connecting the power cable ensure it is connected directly into a wall outlet rather than through a power strip.

This should perform a full reset of the printer and allow you to perform a successful alignment.
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 4 (976 Views)

Tswana wrote:

Recently changed the cartridges in my HP 5510 and when I ran the alignment an error message popped up saying alignment unsuccessful.  Won't print in black anymore either.  Ran clean print heads and all the others cleaning and even a diagnostic tool and appears to be no problem but it still won't print. 

My system is Windows 7 professional 32 bit connected wirelessly.

Did not have any print problems prior to installation of new HP cartridges.

Hi, have you checked that the cartridge is vented properly? Details in this link for Troubleshooting print quality issues

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (775 Views)

Hi Tswana, is this issue with Black not printing now resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation