Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hp photosmart 5514 wont print black even with brand new cartridge

HP Recommended
I too have this problem.
I too have tried all the suggested steps on pages linked to this forum with no success.
I too am disappointed at the lack of any solution suggested on this forum.
I too have reached the conclusion that the answer is that the Printer is now a write-off even though I print fewer than 4 pages a week on average.
I too am ( just ) out of warranty (and this is already my second as the first one died within 3 months.)

Essentially, it would appear the honest answer the HP professionals should be giving is, " you get what you pay for in this printer; it won't last much beyond the warranty even with light usage. We will replace it if it is in warranty otherwise you will have to go buy a new one. PS I'll send you a private e-mail to tell you this but I won't confirm that in public."

Like others, I doubt my next printer will be an HP.
HP Recommended

@leebea 

Is the printer in warranty?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03425035

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Have you read the support page for your printer with this issue???

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=4194&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dl...

HP Recommended

Printer is out of warranty. However, one would expect a product to last longer than the warranty period, so I still think this is a serious issue. I wish there was some way of fixing the printer, but I am losing hope.

HP Recommended

Yes, of course I have read the troubleshooting page, and I have followed each step diligently (some of them several times). But thank you anyway!

HP Recommended

Hi JorunnHernes,

I appreciate all your troubleshooting efforts, I understand you are still unable to print in black ink on your HP Photosmart 5514. I have sent you a private message, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will find your inbox.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@leebea 

Just checking if the troubleshooting resolved the issue? Is the printer in warranty?

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Same issue as others, 5514 black ink not printing, tried 2 new cartridges, also ran clean print heads 3 times. Seems to be common problem. Been a big HP fan but will try another brand on next printer. Should be a solution to this issue. Lee
HP Recommended
Can print head be removed and cleaned?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.