Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Exact same problem here, just bought new cartiddges, printer shows good cartridge levels, but it seems it doesn't see the black ink. Test page without black, and printing in black = blank page. I went through all the troubleshooting  a few times now. Not long ago, my warranty expired (not surprisingly). I am not here for bitching on HP, even if I am very frustrated since I just spent 72$ on ink, I would just like to know if there is a solution. 

Thank you 

HP Recommended

@Khmur 

Thank you for using HP support forum.  I have sent you a private message.  If you’re unsure how to check your private messages please click here.

Thank you,

Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I am in NC, US

HP Recommended

My black ink is not printing on my HP 5514 printer. I replaced the cartrigde and cleaned the printerhead several times and still not printing. My warranty expired last year. Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Hello @MDR01,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 5514, you are unable to print in black ink.

I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello fpchurch ,

Were you able to try my earlier recommendation? Are you now printing in black ink on your PS 5514?

Please leave me with the outcome.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem as the others.  I have tried new cartidges and followed all of the recommended trouble shooting tests and still no black printing.  From all of the other posts, this appears to be a fundamental problem with this printer and HP should own the issue.   Please let me know if there is a recommended fix or if I need to purchase a new (non-HP) printer.

HP Recommended

Also, per the message above, I am out of my warranty period and located in Michigan.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem (see my previous posts), but the printer started to print again by itself after approx 2 days and is now working properly. 

Good luck 

HP Recommended

Hello @HPPRINTERnotWRK,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you are not able to print in black ink on your HP Photosmart 5514, you have tried the recommendations with no success.

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.