Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am in San Francisco, US.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. No guarranty anymore. From the Netherlands.

Tried cleaning, calibrating, remove 'inktvlek'.

There is black printing, but very bad.

That was the reason I put in new ink. Using HP ink. Changed all colors, but doesn't help. On the test page de colors are printed very well but only black is bad printed.

HP Recommended

toneychoi,

I have sent you a Private Message to your inbox please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I didnt receive a massage. ...
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm also having the same problem. The printer was printing fine till it was getting low on black ink and I replaced it with a new HP cartridge. Now it won't print black.

I have completed all the steps : Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages,

I also did this:  printhead cleaning stages,  all three stages, and waited 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

I am still unable to print in black ink, I am in Florida USA.

The HP Warranty Checker shows that my printer is out of warranty.

Thanks,

Bill

HP Recommended

Hello billmcbride,

Thank you very much for your informative post as well as for leaving me with all the requested information!!

I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My 5514 has just started the no black print out issue. I have always used HP ink, and I have just tried 2 new cartridges with no success.

I am in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I have followed all the instructions for checking the cartridges and cleaning at http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03955472

The printer warranty expired last year.

It seems like this is not a rare issue.

HP Recommended

Hello BritSol,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you have completed the troubleshooting recommendations with no success. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private Message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have been reading and followed all instructions and pretty annoyed about the secret / private messages. Seems this is a defect in the printhead. What can we do if we are no longer under warranty.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm in NY and bought product from Staples about 1.5 years back.  I felt the issue was with the new cartridge and returned  set back to Costco.  Wasted  many hours - Disappointed.  Should of just bought  another printer that lasts longer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.