Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Why do we have to receive a private massage? I'm still waiting for it!!!!!!!
Cant you describe the solution Right here?

I need a printer so im thinking about buying a canon and never again a hp!!
HP Recommended

I am out of warranty, printer purchased in Staples in NY about 1 and a half years back.

I have gone through the steps listed in the link : 

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

Color prints perfectly but no black. If use copy option and set options to best quality and darkest color, it prints very lightly and not clear. I returned the new  black ink cartridge purchased in BJs as that had the same outcome as my current cartridge.

I ran through the ink head cleaning process several times  with 30 minute gap - as well as the alignment process.  Print status quality report prints color fine but black ink is light and sporadic.

Please advise what I should do next. I really need to print out job search material. Please help before I need to go purchase a new printer.   

Thanks

Amedeo

HP Recommended

HP- Any advice/input would be helpful. Will be shopping for new printer tmrw and seems like it will NOT be an HP.  Other folks on this forum seem to be going the Canon route..... 

HP Recommended

Hello Folks,

I appreciate your continued efforts, I have sent you Private Messages on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I am back with the same problem again... is there a solution ?

HP Recommended

Hi @Khmur,

Which Country/Region are you located?

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Montreal, Canada

HP Recommended

So I had received the private message, and forwarded all my details as requested in it. Is anything actually going to happen, or do I start looking for a new printer (Epson maybe?)

HP Recommended

It doesn't seem like there will be any helpful response. This incident and lack of support has made me look elsewhere for a replacement. 

HP Recommended

Khmur,

I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.