Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue. I bought a new genuine black ink cartridge, thought it was defective, got another, and this one wont print black either.

HP Recommended

Hi @jackseviltwin,

Please make sure you have completed ALL troubleshooting steps listed here:Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Well our 2nd HP printer, same model purchased at the same time just failed printing in black ink also.  

HP Recommended

Good day,

After, replacing the black cartridge with a brand new genuine HP cartridge, I got the same problem. I checked the vent of the new cartridge, using a paper towel, the ink is coming out the cartridge. So, the problem is not the cartridge... 

I hate spending money for nothing... 

I tried all the steps many times printhead cleaning, ink smear... no success

I checked the warranty status and the printer is out of warranty.. My location is Montreal, Canada.

Hope to find a solution soon, otherwise I will need to buy a new printer, probably not a HP one..

HP Recommended

Add me to the list.  The black had horizontal streaks at first.  Replaced with a new black cartridge.  Cleaned several times.  Now  no black at all.  The colours are a bit sketchy too sometimes, i.e. after some cleanings they're fine and other times they streak.  My warranty expired just over a year ago.

HP Recommended

Hi @mad_mad,

I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

@Nitram3,

Which Country/Region are you located in?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,  

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

HP Recommended

Nitram3,

Thank you , I have sent you a private message. 🙂

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi @moreinkprobably,

I understand your frustration, I have gone ahead and sent you a Private message. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thank you, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.