Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have completed all the steps : Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages,

I also did this:  printhead cleaning stages,  all three stages, and waited 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

I am still unable to print in black ink, I am in the New England, Massachusetts area of USA

The HP Warranty Checker does not give me a date, I have the serial number from the back, (there is no sticker but there is a serial number on the back of the machine) but the other numbers listed are not working.

HP Recommended

fpchurch,

Thank you very much for your continued efforts and the requested information. I have sent you a Private Message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've followed this entire issue thread and I too am having the same issues of not being able to print in black ink.

I've followed the suggested steps to try and resolve the issue and no luck. Brand new ink cartridges. Is there a resolved solution for this issue? I believe I am out of the warranty period, however when going through the warranty check there is no information displayed. 

HP Recommended

Hi lenny0410,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 5514, you are not able to print in black ink.

I see you have completed all the troubleshooting steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, with no succes.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I have completed 2 full cycles of cleaning with 30 minutes in between the first and last steps.

I am in Canada.
HP Recommended

Hi lenny0410,

Thank you for the requested information. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have done every step listed in this thread, multiple times.  

There is no longer a warrenty on our printer, however it hasn't been used much, so it should not be doing this.

I have tried 2 brand new cartridges, ran all the tests suggested.. still no printing in black.

HP Recommended

Hello @dangerousfem,

I understand you have completed ALL troubleshooting recommendations, and are still unable to print in black ink on your HP Photosmart 5514.

Can you please let me know which Country/Region you are in?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Was in contact with someone from Hp but they have not done anything for me. Was sent a gift card to use in the online store which was a great gesture, however it is only valid in the american store and I live in Canada.
Pretty disappointing HP.
HP Recommended

@lenny0410 

Apologies you got a card that can't be used in Canada, we're following up on this for you and you should be hearing from the Support team. Can you please let us know when this is resolved?

Many thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.