Question

Student
AF2014
Message 1 of 2 (83 Views)

HP Photosmart 5514 not printing black ink

For the past few months my HP 5514 Photosmart printer has been acting weird.  It will print random characters in the middle of a print job, and stop the job all together.  Most recently, the printer as all together stopped printing black ink.  I can't even print something as simple as word document.  I changed all the cartridges (black, cyan, yellow, and magenta) and ran all the diagnostic tests suggested by other users in these forums (a few time).  After sitting on the phone with HP tech support for 45 minutes, she concluded that there was no replacement part and that the only solution was for me to buy a refurbished printer from them that uses the same ink (because I was pissed about spending the $$$ on ink to just find out that that wasn't the issue).  I cannot justify spending more money on a HP product that is more than likely going to have the same problem down the line.  She offered me an extended 3-year warranty, but that doesn't help.  When I need to print things, I need my printer to be reliable.  I can't be sending a product back and forth to HP.  This printer was purchased in November of 2012 (so about its about a year and half old) and has been used for basic home needs.   I am very frustrated with the answers I got from HP, and the fact that the best solution was for me to fork over another $180 (if I didn't need it asap it would be $140-so I was going to be paying the shipping)...is ridiculous.  Any help would be appreciated in remedying this issue. 

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (74 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5514 not printing black ink

Hi AF2014,

My colleague Judes has brought your issue to my attention. I would like to help you with this. I will be sending you a private message. Please click on the little envelope on the top right hand side of the forum page to check your Forums inbox.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation