Question

Student
BluePrint1985
Message 1 of 10 (304 Views)

HP Photosmart 5515 eAIO does not print black

Hello!

I have a problem with my HP Photosmart 5515 e-All-in-One printer. The colors work fine but it won't print black at all.

• I have tried everything, and by that, I really mean EVERYTHING on this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=se&lc=sv&dlc=sv&docname=c02914910
  • I have replaced the old ink cartriges with new ones (both old and new are HP original).
  • I have tried rebooting the printer.
  • I have tried turn it off, remove power cord, wait 60 secs, put power cord back and then start.
  • I have tried turn it off, remove power cord, press power for 20 secs, put power cord back and then turn on by releasing the power button.
  • I have tried the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjJDeRuJ10
  • Ink level is OK (since I have new cartridges), printer and computer software both say they are OK.
  • Rebooted everything several times.
  • Tried different computers (both Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.9).
  • Tried cleaning printer heads, deep cleaning and everything else in the software.
  • Reinstalled the latest drivers on both computers. Could not find out how to update onboard firmware?
  • Tried different paper types.

Non of that seems to be working, I still get the print quality diagnostic report saying "Completely missing (black) color" in the "Fixing Ink Streaks ..." page above.

My warranty ran out a long time ago but my economic situation does not really permit me to buy a new printer at the moment since they are quite expensive in my country, at least about $200-$250.

Since HP does not give any help at all if your warranty runs out (I suspect they want us to buy new equipment once a year since many threads here hints about printer failing just weeks or months after warranty expires), does anyone here have any good solution that I might not have tried yet?

Best regards
Martin

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 10 (292 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5515 eAIO does not print black

Hi @BluePrint1985 

I'm going to send you a private message (check out envelope at top right)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
anobium62
Message 3 of 10 (234 Views)

I have exactly the same problem as blueprint, any chance of you sharing the information you gave him.?

My printer is a photosmart 5515.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 10 (175 Views)

Hi anobium62,

If you are still experiencing an issue printing black I'd like to help. Please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back with your warranty status. Use the following link to check your warranty.

If your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please also include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 5 of 10 (143 Views)

Hi anobium62,

Was the issue you were experiencing get resolved? 

If not and your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
thwillis
Message 6 of 10 (86 Views)

Hi

I am having the same issue and have tried all the fixes suggested here and other forums

the printer was working fine until i changed the black ink this morning.

now it wont print black and is very frustrating. 

the printer is out of warranty but there doesnt seem to be a fix for this which is ridiculous. please help as i cannot afford a new printer.

tom

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 7 of 10 (82 Views)

Hi thwillis,

I see you are unable to print black from your Photosmart 5515, I'd like to help.

Please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back and  include your country/region in your post. Thanks.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
thwillis
Message 8 of 10 (80 Views)

hi

i have already tried those steps as mentioned in original post. several times in fact.

i am in the UK.

still not working

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 9 of 10 (77 Views)

Hi thwillis,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am going to send you a private message, please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Forums Inbox.jpg

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
thwillis
Message 10 of 10 (43 Views)

12 days later and still no help.

unfortunately my printer is out of warranty so guess ill have to save up and buy an alternative brand. HP is not a brand i will be using again. none of the fixes suggested here work and there are tons of pages of people having the same issues and not getting any help.

shame apple dont make printers eh.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation