Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have  the same problem as the others on this thread.  Problem with your solution is that you provide no diagram AND it sounds VERY VERY complex too easy to mess up.  NOT a good solution.

thanks

HP Recommended

I had this problem (shortly after warranty ran out).  Tried the cleaning process - no luck.  On a whim I tried a "standard" black ink cartidge ( I had been using the extended cartridge - XP or XL I think).  And the black ink started working again.  Maybe it was a newer cartidge, I don't know.  Hope that helps somebody.

Now my printer head cartridge is jammed!  Guess I'll search for help on that.

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem as all of you above, also with a new black ink  cart, did head clean 3 times even did the endless clean with swabs and warm water, called HP tech did the whole alignment thing and reset to factory setting. - zip - nothing worked.  Finally threw in towel & opted for an upgrade to the 7520   at only $123 + a buck for an extra year warantee. Don't like that they purposly reduce ink supply. Good thing was I got some one at tech very fast no 1/2 hold.

HP Recommended

@klapfaddle wrote:

I have had the same problem as all of you above, also with a new black ink  cart, did head clean 3 times even did the endless clean with swabs and warm water, called HP tech did the whole alignment thing and reset to factory setting. - zip - nothing worked.  Finally threw in towel & opted for an upgrade to the 7520   at only $123 + a buck for an extra year warantee. Don't like that they purposly reduce ink supply. Good thing was I got some one at tech very fast no 1/2 hold.

Hi, what do you mean by reducing the ink supply? Is it the size of the cartridge you're talking about?

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@jkern91723 wrote:

I had this problem (shortly after warranty ran out).  Tried the cleaning process - no luck.  On a whim I tried a "standard" black ink cartidge ( I had been using the extended cartridge - XP or XL I think).  And the black ink started working again.  Maybe it was a newer cartidge, I don't know.  Hope that helps somebody.

Now my printer head cartridge is jammed!  Guess I'll search for help on that.

One thing to check is the vent area on cartridges....(if it appears clogged it can be cleared with a pin or paperclip)

Black not printing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing/m-p/2926025

HP Recommended

Well by reducing ink supply I mean that instead of lasting ay 250 pages it now lasts for some 100 pages, there was a ref. to this on HP regarding the 564 cartridge - I did not bookmark that page but if you look up HP 564 black in you will see it. Sad that HP is taking more and giving less - the breakdown of so many of these printers is another indication of reducing quality to make more.  It used to be that an HP printer would last for many many years  - I had one than ran well for 12 years.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Yea, the 564xl Black was made smaller and the price was also reduced. See link below...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02750681

Thanks for the feedback on this though

Ciara

HP Recommended
Wow! I was just notified today there was a question about my post. Sorry, or I would have answered sooner. You are correct - I should have been more specific. You will need a Torx T10 type screwdriver to remove those screws. My apologies again for not being specific.

Schackbo
HP Recommended

Hi klapfaddle,

I completely understand. I would like to first explain that an HP certified reconditioned printer is reconditioned by HP and comes with a 1 yr warranty just like a brand new printer and only genuine HP parts are used in the remanufacturing process. As proof that HP stands behind all its products, you’ll receive an HP Renew Certificate of Quality right in the box. The same-as-new HP warranty is activated upon delivery and refreshes the full original warranty so you can feel confident that your purchase is backed by HP.

HP Remanufacture Process < detailed information and video.

To answer your question, I suggest you call HP back. I believe there is a 21 day satisfaction guarantee. I will keep an eye on this thread and watch in case you post back. I would like to help ensure you remain a loyal and satisfied HP customer.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I want you to thank you so much for your help.   You were right on the money.  Mine was a little more complicated though. Apparently think ink in my printer had been leaking for a while where it locks.  That area was thick with ink build up so I was digging out a thick residue off the bottom of the printer. What a mess. I also had to the ink cartridge apart so I could see the printer heads. The ink was caked on. So it took me a little while but once I got it back together and aligned it, it worked like a dream.      Thanks again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.