Question
HP Photosmart 6510 Printhead Maintenance/Replacement?
Replies (51)

Intern
klapfaddle
Message 21 of 52 (1,513 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6510 Printhead Maintenance/Replacement?

I have  the same problem as the others on this thread.  Problem with your solution is that you provide no diagram AND it sounds VERY VERY complex too easy to mess up.  NOT a good solution.

thanks

Student
jkern91723
Message 22 of 52 (1,475 Views)

I had this problem (shortly after warranty ran out).  Tried the cleaning process - no luck.  On a whim I tried a "standard" black ink cartidge ( I had been using the extended cartridge - XP or XL I think).  And the black ink started working again.  Maybe it was a newer cartidge, I don't know.  Hope that helps somebody.

Now my printer head cartridge is jammed!  Guess I'll search for help on that.

Intern
klapfaddle
Message 23 of 52 (1,472 Views)

I have had the same problem as all of you above, also with a new black ink  cart, did head clean 3 times even did the endless clean with swabs and warm water, called HP tech did the whole alignment thing and reset to factory setting. - zip - nothing worked.  Finally threw in towel & opted for an upgrade to the 7520   at only $123 + a buck for an extra year warantee. Don't like that they purposly reduce ink supply. Good thing was I got some one at tech very fast no 1/2 hold.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 24 of 52 (1,451 Views)

klapfaddle wrote:

I have had the same problem as all of you above, also with a new black ink  cart, did head clean 3 times even did the endless clean with swabs and warm water, called HP tech did the whole alignment thing and reset to factory setting. - zip - nothing worked.  Finally threw in towel & opted for an upgrade to the 7520   at only $123 + a buck for an extra year warantee. Don't like that they purposly reduce ink supply. Good thing was I got some one at tech very fast no 1/2 hold.

Hi, what do you mean by reducing the ink supply? Is it the size of the cartridge you're talking about?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 25 of 52 (1,446 Views)

jkern91723 wrote:

I had this problem (shortly after warranty ran out).  Tried the cleaning process - no luck.  On a whim I tried a "standard" black ink cartidge ( I had been using the extended cartridge - XP or XL I think).  And the black ink started working again.  Maybe it was a newer cartidge, I don't know.  Hope that helps somebody.

Now my printer head cartridge is jammed!  Guess I'll search for help on that.

One thing to check is the vent area on cartridges....(if it appears clogged it can be cleared with a pin or paperclip)

Black not printing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Black-not-printing/m-p/2926025

Intern
klapfaddle
Message 26 of 52 (1,444 Views)

Well by reducing ink supply I mean that instead of lasting ay 250 pages it now lasts for some 100 pages, there was a ref. to this on HP regarding the 564 cartridge - I did not bookmark that page but if you look up HP 564 black in you will see it. Sad that HP is taking more and giving less - the breakdown of so many of these printers is another indication of reducing quality to make more.  It used to be that an HP printer would last for many many years  - I had one than ran well for 12 years.  Thanks

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 27 of 52 (1,440 Views)

Yea, the 564xl Black was made smaller and the price was also reduced. See link below...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c02750681

Thanks for the feedback on this though

Ciara

Tutor
Schackbo
Message 28 of 52 (1,419 Views)

Wow! I was just notified today there was a question about my post. Sorry, or I would have answered sooner. You are correct - I should have been more specific. You will need a Torx T10 type screwdriver to remove those screws. My apologies again for not being specific.

Schackbo
Tutor
Schackbo
Message 29 of 52 (1,419 Views)

Sorry, I just got notified of you question believe it or not! My apologies, I should have been more specific. You will need a Torx T10 type screwdriver to remove those screws. Sorry, I wasn't more specific.

Schackbo
Intern
klapfaddle
Message 30 of 52 (1,415 Views)

Two points: Well HP may have reduced price but in the long  term I may a lot more because the reduction of ink is far greater than reduction of price also replacing so frequently is a major hassle.

NOW a really big sore point is this:

When I spoke to tech and they said I could upgrade for just $123 well that sounded great UNTIL I actualy completed the transaction and the man read very very fast that what I was getting  was NOT a new printer but a refurbished - and then as ai was trolling some other sites I found that a refurb of the 7520 was selling at $98.00 --  so once again I get ripped off by HP.  Not good.  Who can I bring this to - The item is already shipped - I would like a refund to match the sale price.  It is not nice what HP is doing.  

please forward to approriate honcho - i am a loyal customer all my biz computers are HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation