HP Photosmart 6510 unable to print black ink/copy
Replies (214)

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 211 of 215 (258 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6510 unable to print black ink/copy

[ Edited ]

Hi Lizziearts,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you have recently changed the black cartridges on your HP Photosmart 6510 and are not able to print in black. You have cleaned the printhead and also tried resetting the printer with no success.

I would like you to complete ALL step listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, please follow the troubleshooting steps in order, even if you have already previously tried the recommendations.

Let me know the outcome, if you are still not able to print in black ink please reply back with your Country/Region as well as your Warranty Status- Click here to find out

I hope to hear from you soon.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
frankie46
Message 212 of 215 (245 Views)

Like the other posters here I spent hours (and lots of coloured ink and many pages of paper) trying to fix my 6510 by all the methods described here and on the hp website all to no avail. No black eithere printing or photo-copying. A bit of 'googling' revealed that this is a common problem and the answer is warm isopropyl alcohol. Just warm water did nothing but one applictaion of the solvent cleared 95% of the blockage and a second application has returned it to normal. Thank goodness. And no thanks to the HP website which treats us like dummies (have you unwrapped the new cartridge properly, try pressing 'clean printhead' in the toolbox??!!) and doesn't tell you the actual remedy - which it must know! I assume this is what the tecchies use if you send the machine back to them (at great expense if it is out of warrenty!)

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 213 of 215 (234 Views)

Hi frankie46,

I understand your frustration, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will find your inbox.

Thank you for your patience.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
clkrupa
Message 214 of 215 (221 Views)

Why are all the HP authorized responses via private message? If they know of a solution to this extremely common problem, why don't they just post it here?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 215 of 215 (160 Views)

Diane6055,

I appreciate your patience, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will find your inbox.

Thanks again,

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation