Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

TivoAteMyBaby ,

I appreicate you getting back to me so quick, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am currently having the same problem and none of these "solutions" are helping me...

Please do not tell me I have to go out and buy a new printer. 

HP Recommended

Hello @spectrum41,

I see you are not able to print in black ink on your HP Officejet 6510, you have exhausted the troubleshooting steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages and you are still unable to print in black ink.

I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I am in the US, my warranty expired 6 months ago. However I have not used this printer more than 20 times since I've had it.
HP Recommended

spectrum41,

I appreciate the requested information! 🙂 I have gone ahead and sent you a Private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue of my black ink not printing as all of these other people.  I will call customer support and hope that helps.  This is truly disappointing, especially since it is out of warranty, but hopefully they can offer assistance.  I loved this printer up until this point...

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I put a new black ink cartridge in and it prints poorly.  I tried all of the steps on the troubleshooting page but nothing.  I have already replaced this printer once under warranty.  Very frustrating.  

HP Recommended

My answer was never given.  I got an email with a $100 gift card.  I guess me telling them I bought an Epson didn't really register.  If a few hundred people are having the same problem, maybe telling them it's a real issue instead of run around is a good thing?  

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Deskjet 6520, you are unable to print in black ink.

I see you have exhausted the steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, with no success.

I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Ditto!  HP 6520 just stopped printing black in it first year out of warranty. No streaking. No fade out due to low ink. Just stopped.  Diagnostic page showed "Ink levesl are OK" and "Ink is Genuine HP".  Black box was non-the-less was void of ink.  I replaced the black ink, buit it did not help.  Followed all the useless recommended steps. I tried to remove the color cartridges and clean the printheads, but the printer won't allow that.  Now after cleaning the print head a few times at all levels, the color cartridges are running low.  Still no black.  In fact, there is now two piles of ink in the printer below the head cleaners that could fill an entire cartridge.  I am not going to replace any in until this is resolved since the cartridges cost almost as much as a new printer. Need a resolution or searching for a new, non-HP printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.