Question

Student
GmaLynn
Message 1 of 3 (899 Views)

HP Photosmart 7510 Ink Cartridge

My HP Photosmart 7510 printer won't print with black ink.  I have a new (HP product purchased from office supply store) 564XL black ink cartridge (used less than a week or so) that shows it is nearly full when you check ink levels; however, the 564 setup cartridge shows empty (as it has for some time).  Any suggestions?  When I change the black cartridge, it worked fine.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 3 (875 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7510 Ink Cartridge

Hello GmaLynn,

I understand your Photosmart 7510 is not printing any black ink. Did you have the empty black setup cartridge in there for sometime before you had switched it with a new cartridge? I ask because sometimes if you leave an empty cartridge in it could cause the printhead to dry out as there is no ink in the cartridge to keep the lines filled with ink. Let's go ahead and start troubleshooting the Printer Does Not Print Black Ink,  a helpful tip when you get to Solution three: Use an automated tool to clean the printhead please run this utility up to 3x. 

I hope this is helpful, and if you require more assistance please let me know.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (870 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7510 Ink Cartridge

Hi folks, just to add a note on running the Printhead Cleans......by all means try running it up to 3 times but by the 3rd one it's worth leaving the printer to sit for a while (at least half an hour) before running a Print Quality Diagnostic. This gives some time for any air in the system to dissipate.

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation