Question

Honor Student
bluehen89
Message 1 of 6 (1,795 Views)

HP Photosmart C309a / not printing / clean heads?

I have a HP photosmart C309a. It will not print at all. All I am trying to do is print in black only for some shipping labels.  The printer went from printing fine to a fairly light black/grey copy to nothing at all.  I have a Mac running 10.6 OSX.  I have a new photo ink cartridge and a half full black cartridge.  The color cartridges are low.  I have tried the test page process and only a little if nothing at all printed.  I tried aligning the cartridges and some blue and black printed in the body of the page along with yellow, red and blue on the upper margin and also some feint birds connected by a wire.  In the past, this has happened and I changed the color cartridges ran the "clean print head" process a few times (x8-10)  and everything worked itself out.  Pleas advise on the right course of action.  Do I continue to clean the print heads?  Do I need to get new color cartridges?  

Thanks a bunch - Dan

Student
Huey678
Message 2 of 6 (1,527 Views)

How do you reset and clean print head on HP 309a series

How do you reset and clean the print head on the HP 309a series?  My printer was working fine then I think one of my kids shut down not using the power button and it is no longer in alignment and or printing in globs?  Thanks

Student
raoula
Message 3 of 6 (1,305 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C309a / not printing / clean heads?

I have a hp 309a printer,When i turn it on it tells me that the heads are aligning,after spending time printing small blocks of black and grey over an A4 page, it says the alignment failed. Can you please help

Ralph

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 6 (1,277 Views)

Hi Ralph

Check out the steps here....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ie&lc=en&docname=c01624048

That work?

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
bob145
Message 5 of 6 (887 Views)

How do I clean the printer head?

It prints very lightly and off color

Thanks,

Bob

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 6 (870 Views)

On the Printer select Tools then Printhead Clean

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation