04-24-2012 07:44 PM
I have a HP photosmart C309a. It will not print at all. All I am trying to do is print in black only for some shipping labels. The printer went from printing fine to a fairly light black/grey copy to nothing at all. I have a Mac running 10.6 OSX. I have a new photo ink cartridge and a half full black cartridge. The color cartridges are low. I have tried the test page process and only a little if nothing at all printed. I tried aligning the cartridges and some blue and black printed in the body of the page along with yellow, red and blue on the upper margin and also some feint birds connected by a wire. In the past, this has happened and I changed the color cartridges ran the "clean print head" process a few times (x8-10) and everything worked itself out. Pleas advise on the right course of action. Do I continue to clean the print heads? Do I need to get new color cartridges?
Thanks a bunch - Dan
11-27-2012 05:12 PM
How do you reset and clean the print head on the HP 309a series? My printer was working fine then I think one of my kids shut down not using the power button and it is no longer in alignment and or printing in globs? Thanks
07-31-2013 10:33 PM
I have a hp 309a printer,When i turn it on it tells me that the heads are aligning,after spending time printing small blocks of black and grey over an A4 page, it says the alignment failed. Can you please help
08-06-2013 06:10 AM
Check out the steps here....
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?