07-23-2011 09:12 AM
I have an HP Photosmart C4180 All - In - One (Model: Q8110B)
Software Version: 082.000.233.000
Firmware Version: R0618FxNxxN0
Printer Driver Version: 220.127.116.11
I installed a 98 black ink cartridge, but my printer saying that printer cartridge is not intended for use in this printer.
Is there a solution to fix this problem?
07-23-2011 10:53 AM
Try the troubleshooting steps in this page. One other thing to check - was the original cartridge a #98? If you have moved to a new region with the printer there are additional issues that may apply regarding regionalization, HP's web page on the subject is here.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?