Question

Student
CraigKiggens
Message 1 of 2 (1,116 Views)

HP Photosmart C6180 All in one printer, ink cartridge problem

I have an HP Photosmart C6180 All in one printer.  I got a message that i needed to replace the magenta cartrige.  For a while i could get around the message, but i finally replaced the cartige.  The ink level indicator on the main menu showed a full cartridge, but it kept asking for a new cartridge.  I could get around this message by pressing OK for a while, but now  the message is "Cannot Print" and there is no way to get around it.  I do not know if it is a printer problem or a cartridge problem.  I don't want to buy a new printer if it is a cartridge nor another cartridge if it is a printer problem (I already have a bunch of new cartridges that probably will not work with a new printer) .  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 2 (1,095 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 All in one printer, ink cartridge problem

The printer might have something stuck in the RAM.  A hard reset should do the trick.  This document has the steps for a hard reset plus some other things you can try if that doesn't work.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation