Question

Student
sheenaman
Message 1 of 5 (2,339 Views)

HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One Printer

Hello anyone who can help.

I have a HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One Printer and am not under warranty anymore.

The problem I am having is although I have a new cartridge of Black Ink and the printer acknowledges that the ink is full, it will not print anything in black. I keep getting blank pages. So i tried to do the printer alignment and that failed. It does not help me at all. I've bought new ink, and that's where I am. I have no idea what to do anymore. I went on HP website and did a HP Diagnostics test but it found no issues. I would like to email or contact HP but I am out of warranty. Has anyone had this problem before and does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Please Help!!

Grad Student
Antonio99
Message 2 of 5 (2,336 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One Printer

Try cleaning your PRINTHEAD

PRESS set up

-tools

-clean printhead

then clean it manually!!

This is the basket that the ink cartridges sit in.

-raise the latch and remove the print head and clean the copper dotted contacts on the Printhead... also clean inside the printer where the copper dots connect to the printer..

use only a dab of bottled water and a lint free cloth. (old t shirt, paper towel or coffe filter)

MAKE SURE THE PRINTHEAD IS COMPLETLY DRY BEFORE RE INSTALLING.

if this doesnt work your printhead may have gone bad.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

Honor Student
undelfino
Message 3 of 5 (1,835 Views)

Hi, I've the same issue but with cyan ink... Tried many cleaning process but nothing... how is possible to clean the printhead manually? CCF22112012_00000.jpg

Here is the result of cleaning... I've tried even with some cleaning liquid but it seems don't suit any better results.

Any other suggestion?

How can I have access to the printhead directly?

Thanks

Honor Student
nesscm
Message 4 of 5 (549 Views)

Antonio 99 - For the C7180 - you can't gain access to the printhead, the cartridges are inserted in the front of the printer and the printhead is underneath 1/2 to 3/4 way back (under plastic cover, I guess you could try to remove that whole piece, but I don't see anyway to get to the printhead on my C7180.

I have the same issue too.  Everything working but black.  Ready to shoot the printer to pieces, but I don't have any $$ for another right now.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Honor Student
nesscm
Message 5 of 5 (547 Views)

Sheenaman, 

I have the exact same issue and just replied to the guy that answered you that says he works for HP.  If so, he would realize that you cannot access the print head on the C7180, as it's covered by huge black plastic .  I've been debating on taking that cover off - I cannot stand companies that make their products so difficult to gain access to the inner workings.  Cars now adays are about the same way.

Did you ever get your printer working again.  I am about to just toss mine in the garbage, but don't have the money to buy another printer right now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation