09-17-2011 07:55 PM
I inserted the black ink cartridge in the color cartridge slot, and I am not able to take it out. I've been trying to pry it out using a flat head and spoon handle, but I'm afraid if I use too much force I will damage this product even further.
There have been no solutions to be found online or in the manual on how to free the cartrdige in this situation. I would appreciate the help, as I JUST got it.
09-17-2011 09:04 PM
I fixed it myself by prying it out with some considerable (in that I felt like I was going to break the plastic cartridge slot using the flathead screwdriver to pry it out) force. Dumb for me that I put the cartridge in the slot it was not supposed to be in, but there are a couple of flawed facets to this product:
- Mechanical: The mechanical structure of the slots were made (hell if I know if it were intentional or not) in a fashion that assumes the consumer will never insert a cartridge in the incorrect slot, BUT DOES NOT PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING; it was rather physically simple to insert in the wrong slot. It was too difficult to get it out by hand. The flip top compartment would have been mighty useful in this sort of situation.
- IKEA Instructions: Mildly cryptic instructions were provided, as if it were trying to go for the simplistic Apple approach, but with failure in the execution.
What was supposed to be a 5 minute procedure turned out to be an hour-and-a-half ordeal that involved a flathead screwdriver, spoon, and plenty of cussing.
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies