08-02-2014 06:35 PM
This has been an issue since the day I bought it...black ink gone after 2-3 uses of printing a few pages. When i return for the 3rd or 4th use...faded black and eventually nothing. Is there something i can do (or not do ) to preserve the ink? Does it leak so maybe i should remove the cartridge when not in use?
08-03-2014 01:40 PM
There are a few things to check:
- Check the vents are clear as shown in solution three of the document here.
- Make sure the printer is always connected to a live outlet. If the printer is connected to an external switch (like an outlet switch or a power director) the printheads may dry out. Disconnecting the power will also cause the printer to use more ink when the printer is turned on.
- Do not run cleaning cycles unless necessary (very rarely).
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?