Question

Top Student
swales
Message 1 of 21 (1,505 Views)

HP Photosmart - Stopped Printing Black

Printer worked fine for about 2-months.  Then black stopped printing.  Bought all new cartridges.  Color prints fine.  Black - nothing.  Tried different programs and test.  All the same results.  Ran all test and print-head cleaning and alignment.  Still nothing.  Anyone else having this problem?

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 21 (1,489 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart - Stopped Printing Black

Hey swales,

What operating system is running on the computer you use with this printer?

There may be additional steps we can take to get this resolved.
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
ggabim
Message 3 of 21 (1,478 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue, no black print, the cartridge is new, and the OS is Windows XP.

Honor Student
ggabim
Message 4 of 21 (1,477 Views)

The printer is HP 5510 Photosmart. Thanks.

Student
LarsF
Message 5 of 21 (1,471 Views)

I'm having the same problem, but I have absolutely no solution yet.

Honor Student
ggabim
Message 6 of 21 (1,457 Views)

Welcome to the club. When I bought I thought about the print head sistem... I was stupid to thrust in the HP tech.

Top Student
swales
Message 7 of 21 (1,449 Views)

I ended up returning the unit and getting a new one.  Not sure exactly what was causing the problem though.

Top Student
lukee
Message 8 of 21 (1,439 Views)

I purchased HP Photosmart 5512 between Thanksgiving  and Christmas--expecting to have a fairly large print job I replaced all the color cartridges last night (all the original ones were in it)--today the black faded away--assuming it too was about out I went ahead and replaced it. Imagine my shock to find nothing had changed, my black was not printing, so I ran all the diagnostics etc and I am still unable to print black. Looking at this forum it appears that misery has company as it is still being reported two days ago with not a resolution in sight. I see a HP person requested system info --well I am running windows 7. I am so irritated at this moment--without a resolution quickly I will need to purchase another printer --meanwhile beyond the money spent for this printer I am going to eat the $100. I spent for inks. Does the thought  leave a bad taste in my mouth? you can bet it does.

Top Student
lukee
Message 9 of 21 (1,414 Views)

just got off the phone with customer support--I am cured --at least for now.

The first thing was to do a HARD shut down--that means unplugging the printer while it is still turned on--wait a minute or so, plug back in. Follow with cleaning the print heads and aligning,follow with quality print--I am back in business. Hope this helps someone

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 10 of 21 (1,393 Views)

Thanks for the update lukee. These steps that you performed are generally universal in helping to resolve this issue and I appreciate you making that post!
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation