Question
HP Photosmart - Stopped Printing Black
Replies (20)

Top Student
swales
Message 11 of 21 (799 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart - Stopped Printing Black

I can't beleive it.  I had a problem in June with a 5510.  Ended up taking it back and getting another one.  I just got through the start-up cartridges (didn't print much over the summer).  I put new replacement cartridges in and the same thing as before. Black stopped printing.  OMG.  I can't beleive this problem is all over this site and no cure from HP. 

Student
mstille
Message 12 of 21 (791 Views)

My HP c410a all-in-one also quit printing in black last week.  The cartridge showed that was 3/4 full but I replaced anyway since it was not printing.  It does still not print black.  Have run all the diagnostic tests and just the black sections do not print (color works just fine).  Seems like there should be some kind of fix for this since numerous people have had same issue.  I completed the hard shut down and still nothing.

Tutor
yoghurt18
Message 13 of 21 (783 Views)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01643376&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------
one of my interests is troubleshooting printers. \o/
Top Student
swales
Message 14 of 21 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have run this printer through every test imaginable.  The two printers that I have bought worked fine with the start-up print cartridges.  When those run out, I put in new replacements cartridges.  Then nothing.  Very frustrating.  The printer works fine until the start-up cartridges run out.  It doesn't make sense.  I have gotten screwed out of the cost of the cartridges every time as well.  My cell phone is: (personal info removed) if someone from HP wants to call me and talk through the issues.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 15 of 21 (763 Views)

@swales- Where are you purchasing the cartridges from? Is it the same store?
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
swales
Message 16 of 21 (761 Views)

Nope.  One set was from a K-Mart with the first printer this summer.  The second set was from Wal-Mart.  It doesn't make any sense.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 17 of 21 (757 Views)

@ swales- I have escalated this to the appropriate people. They will be in contact with you via private message through the forum inbox.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
swales
Message 18 of 21 (748 Views)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!
Student
lh1bdangl
Message 19 of 21 (567 Views)

I have exactly the same issue. I hadn't had an issue in the past but now my CN503A will not print black for copies or anything. I've tried the solutions here on this forum and nothing has helped. This printer isn't that old nor has it been used tht much. Can someone point me to a resolution so I can get back in business?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 20 of 21 (544 Views)

lh1bdangl wrote:

I have exactly the same issue. I hadn't had an issue in the past but now my CN503A will not print black for copies or anything. I've tried the solutions here on this forum and nothing has helped. This printer isn't that old nor has it been used tht much. Can someone point me to a resolution so I can get back in business?

I would suggest contacting HP phone support, as you mention your printer is only a few months old (so likely still under warranty)

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks 

Ciara

Phone No.s

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation