Question
HP Photosmart printer won't print black
Replies (203)

Honor Student
catcar
Message 141 of 204 (1,275 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart printer won't print black

I also am one of the thousands  whose printer will not print black. After purchasing two new cartridges, nice sales trick. What is the fix? Obviously it is a huge problem. If no fix...never buy HP again.

Honor Student
loudrago
Message 142 of 204 (1,246 Views)

Re: HP 6500 all in one t printer won't print black

printing multiple projects. In middle of  middle of new project color worked fine no black ink coming out. Tried installing new black cartridge. tried to re-align, clean prinntheads etc.\ new ink cartridge 90% full . Any ideas??

Honor Student
catcar
Message 143 of 204 (1,220 Views)

Re: HP 6500 all in one t printer won't print black

Epson on sale at Staples.

Honor Student
Katiemb
Message 144 of 204 (1,167 Views)

HP Photosmart 5510 will not print the black ink from the new genuine cartridge I have replaced. Most annoying, I have run the print doctor and it says the system is fine, also removed cartridge checked ink pad and replaced it. Can anyone help please?

Honor Student
Katiemb
Message 145 of 204 (1,166 Views)

I threw my Epson away as the cartridges were way too expensive and it would not work on compatibles!
Honor Student
Missdee
Message 146 of 204 (1,071 Views)

I've been talking with HP support & they don't support this printer any more as it's "old".  My printer is 15 months old but apparantly it was manufactured over 5 years ago and the model has come to the end of it's life.  

HP don't offer a solution to this problem.  If my computer was still in warranty, they would simply have offered me a  new one. They don't fix printers, I'm told.  

So the only thing left for me to do is to take the thing apart myself.  Here we go.......

PS next printer will be a Brother, Epson, Samsung or even Lexmark!

Honor Student
coffeewithcloud
Message 147 of 204 (1,066 Views)

at least you got them to talk to you I couldn't even get them to do that unless I payed 79.95. and what upset me is that my warranty was had expired only 2 days earlier which really sucked needless to say they lost me as a customer, I bought an Epson let me know if you have any luck when you yake it apart and thanks for your reply

Debbie

Honor Student
Missdee
Message 148 of 204 (996 Views)

No joy with my screwdriver.  I couldn't get inside the machine to see under the printheads without breaking something. The 5510 wasn't meant to be taken apart.  So in it's  intact, glossy, useless state it has gone to the recycling heap - RIP hp5510!

Student
PR2105
Message 149 of 204 (956 Views)

My black cartridge ran out so inserted new genuine black cartridge. Having used head cleaning utility 3 times, I still have no black printing, so inserted another new genuine black, and again nothing. This is my first (and probably last) HP printer. I think I shall be going back to Epson.

Top Student
XSCounter
Message 150 of 204 (794 Views)

Great, I see so many unhappy customers in this thread and now I am one of them too... After replacing the black cartridge my printer stopped printing black completely although it says the cratridge is full and thanked me for installing genuine cartridges. Seriously thinking of dumping HP now... And ofc no official fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation