Question

Student
fleur74
Message 1 of 3 (151 Views)

HP Refill Ink problem

Hi all.  I have recently refilled my HP black 61 cartridge using a do it yourself package.  My colour cartridge is fine (I refilled this also) however the black cartridge is showing low ink.

When I print, it is printing like it has low ink, however the cartridge is sodden, so much that it was dripping.  Can anyone shed any light.

I had recovered the filling hole with tape, but read somewhere not to do this.....  HELP!!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: Refill Ink problem

It appears you overfilled the black cartridge, causing it to drip and causing the ink to pool on the printhead rather than printing on the paper.  If you plug the vent it will also fail to print after a short time.  I would suggest removing the print cartridge and blotting it on a damp tissue to remove the excess ink until it stops leaking.  

Once the original HP ink has been used the cartridge will report low on ink.  You can ignore this, but I do not know of a way to reset it.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Teacher
Michael_G
Message 3 of 3 (31 Views)

Re: HP Refill Ink problem

Here is my thought:

Original HP ink and toner cartridges deliver superior prints 100% of the time. I think using HP ink will cost you less per page.

Read more : http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/supplies/overview.html

Hope this helps.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Have a great day!!!

Michael.
Click on Kudos if you like this post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation