HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-20-2012 06:03 PM
Issue: Tiny fonts on website when using Internet Explorer 9 browser.
Solution: Enable Compatibility View for affected websites in Internet Explorer
To enable Compatibility View for specific websites that are not displayed correctly or that are not working correctly, follow these steps:
- Open the website that is not displayed correctly or that does not work correctly in Internet Explorer 8 or in Internet Explorer 9.
- Click the Compatibility View button that is located directly to the right side of the address bar next to the Refresh button.
Or, on the Tools menu, click to select the option Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not displayed, press ALT to display the Tools menu.
- If the Compatibility View button does not appear on the right side of the address bar, or if the command is not available under the Toolsmenu, you cannot use this method. You may be experiencing a different problem, or the network administrator may have used a Group Policy setting to configure the Compatibility View settings on your computer.
- If you are using a home computer, see the "Similar problems and solutions and support information" section for alternative steps.
- If you are using a computer in an enterprise environment, contact your administrator or the help desk.
- 3. If this method worked, you may have to repeat this method for each website that experiences these problems.
- When you use this method to fix a website, Internet Explorer saves your Compatibility View setting for that website. Every time that you visit that site, Compatibility View will be used. To stop a website from running in Compatibility View, follow these steps:
- Click Tools, and then click to select option Compatibility View.
2. You can also add or remove specific websites from Compatibility View without actually visiting each website.
|--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.|
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"