Question

Student
martin9
Message 1 of 4 (6,228 Views)

HP c410 Photosmart printer - new black cartridge stopped printing

[ Edited ]

I have a new "double sized" black cartreidge in my HP c410 and it stopped working.

The sheets ome out of the printer with the other colors, but not black.

The control panel indicates the blank ink is FULL.

I put the printer into the head-cleaning routine and that didn't help.

I am frustrated.

Please advise how to get this printer printing.

Master's Graduate
Hubbs
Message 2 of 4 (6,223 Views)

Re: HP c410 Photosmart printer - new black cartridge stopped printing

[ Edited ]

Hi Martin9,

I would recommend starting at solution six: step three of the following document:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02100786&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

As you already know it is not printing black, there is no need to print the PQ Diag page. Checking to make sure the cartridge is vented, and the Printhead Assembly is clean are the first things I would look at. You have already done the clean print head process, so no need to repeat.

Also, check within the printhead (where the black cartridge sits to be specific) for any debris or globs of ink.

Please try this and let me know if you are still unable to print in black.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Grad Student
lanz
Message 3 of 4 (6,218 Views)

HI,

Pls try this link...

How to manually clean the carriage and the Printhead

Thanks!

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
dispereo
Message 4 of 4 (3,505 Views)

Hi, I've got the same issue and I am not quite sure I should clean anything (especially since I don't know what I would be allowed to clean).

I've replaced the coloured and the black photo ink beccause they were empty (strangely the printer didn't warn us, as it usually does, it just continued printing but without the colour).

The black ink is still half full, I checked with the qtip that the ink is not dried up (which would be hard to believe because we use that printer quite a lot) and I checked with a qtip if the receiver where the ink is being sucked in has ink too, which it does.

I let the ink heads clean several times, i printed several test and report pages. They all come out fine BUT without anything that's black, no text, no boxes, nothing. Just the coloured parts.

It's freaking me out and I haven't bought a new black ink cartridge because it's still half full and we only bought it recently and I don't see why I should throw out more money, they are expensive enough as they are. -.-

According to the sticker INSIDE the printer (next to the ink) it says it's a 410b though windows and the HP drivers recognise it as 410c. It's always done that, so no idea what's going wrong there.

Philippe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation