Question

Student
JAGA1
Message 1 of 8 (5,771 Views)

HP deskjet 1050 cartridge replacement

Does anybody have difficulties in changing the cartridges of the printer? It's a nightmare and still haven't found the way to install them!!!

Believe I'll change product... it's just a huge waste of time and frustration.....

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 2 of 8 (5,752 Views)

Re: HP deskjet 1050 cartridge replacement

JAGA1,

Yes, sometimes I have difficulties in changing the cartridge of a printer.

I understand the waste of time and frustration this can cause.

Click here to see a detailed description of the following steps for Replacing the Cartridges in the HP Deskjet 1050.

Step one: Replace the cartridge
Step two: Align the cartridges

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Honor Student
rsbcollection
Message 3 of 8 (5,728 Views)

I followed the steps in replacing cartridge shown on the video but the cartridge carrier doesn't come to the middle for me to remove the old cartridge with the new one. Please help.

Honor Student
rsbcollection
Message 4 of 8 (5,722 Views)

Jaga1,

We are having a hard time in replacing the ink cartridge by following the written & video instructions given by HP. It's lacking that's why. It was not mentioned that after placing the papers on the tray, we should be pushing the black button if you are replacing black ink. Then the printout of alignment will come out. That's the time you will proceed to their instruction of placing the printout to the glass scanner & push the black button again. That's it.

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 5 of 8 (5,708 Views)

rsbcollection,

Did everything turn out ok then?

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Honor Student
rsbcollection
Message 6 of 8 (5,701 Views)

Yes, for a start  after replacing the ink cartridge, printing turned out right because I was able to print 3 pages of one document. Then when I was printing one page of another document, suddenly the paper jammed. I followed the 4 ways on the video instruction from the website on how to remedy this problem but to no avail. It says on the instructions that if I tried all the 4 ways and still won't work, I have to call the HP phone service for further instructions. After I followed what the man was instructing, the problem was not solved either.

I was advised by the man on the other line that my printer is beyond repair & I need to bring it to HP service center  for replacement. I thought all the while that it will be replaced for a minimal fee. But it's not. I need to pay for the price of the new set of printer of the same model while giving them also the damaged unit. The question is WHY I should be giving them the damaged unit?

Does it mean that this Deskjet 1050 model is for disposal after the first inks installed in it when you bought it are consumed?

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 7 of 8 (5,692 Views)

Glad to hear that the ink cartridge replacement worked.

Hate that the printer started to paper jam and the printer was diagnosed as beyond repair.

Printers and cartridges can be sent to HP for recycling.

Click here to see HP Planet Partners return & recycling program.

The deskjet 1050 can last for quite awhile after the first inks are installed.  To help the printer last longer, clean the the printer inside and out at regular intervals, keep the cartridges clean, be careful with paper jams, power down correctly, and service your surge protector.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Student
saskdiver
Message 8 of 8 (5,624 Views)

I have no problem chan ging the ink cartridge on my Deskjet 1050.  It cam e with a HP 61 cartridge installed, when it ran dry, I installed a HP 802 cartridge which fits nicely but the unit then tells me that it is the wrong cartridge.  On the side of the box, the 802 says it is for the 1050.........  Whats up?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation