Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello @sweet1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the error messages 'Cartridges appear to be missing' on your HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer. Thank you for including the troubleshooting steps you have completed prior to reaching out for support.

To verify if this is a sensor issue within the printer that is causing cartridge detection issues, or just an issue with 'dirty' contacts on the cartridges themselves, can I please have you click here. Once the support document opens please run through Solution threeSolution six and Solution seven. This includes any sub-steps under the listed Solutions. If you have already tried replacement cartridges, please do not replace them again.

Should the issue persist, there is a chance that the cartridge sensors within your printer may be defective.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I just bought this printer at Costco and have the same problem.  I tried the alternatives and now will need to return it to Costco.  Are there widespread quality problems with this printer?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. First it was a black cartridge which I ended up tossing and replacing with a new cartridge. Now I'm having the same issue with a color cartridge. These cartridges are too expensive to have to buy two to get one that works. These are all genuine HP cartridges purchased at Sam's Club. This appears to be a faulty cartridge issue.

HP Recommended

This is a recurring problem with HP Envy printers.  I just purchased an EVNY 7640 to replace an ENVY 5530 - both printers have exhibited this issue, with multiple ink cartridges. 

I'm almost certain there's a quality control issue with printers and cartridges, and after years of dedication to HP, I'm switching brands becuase this is a systemic problem.

HP Recommended

I am having the same error on the printer I purchase last night and have tried all of the steps.  I would rather not pay for new cartridges to have the same problem.  So, is my best option to return the printer and change brands?  Super unhappy as I needed to print a project today.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue this is so frustrating!!!!!! i plan to write as many bad reviews on as many forums as i can.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.