Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Error message says "remove and reinstall the indicated ink cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed, and then touch OK.  I have done this several times and it does not solve the problem.  What else needs to be done?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hogshead,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your printer.  You did not say, so I am assuming you are setting the printer up for the first time and using the ink cartridges that came with the printer.  I understand you have tried removing and re-installing a few time which normally would fix the issue if the cartridges were not properly seated in the carriage. 

The only other thing I would point out is to make sure you have completely removed the tape from each cartridge before inserting it.  Here is a link to a document with some details on the tape (step 7)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04326308

If that does not fix it, could you please confirm if you are settting the product up or replacing an empty cartridge?

Regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  This is totally frustrating.  Have tried problem solving WAY too long on this.  

HP Recommended

Did you ever get this fixed?  Can't believe how frustrating this is...

HP Recommended

Replacing empty cartridge with brand new HP 62 ink cartridge . . . 

HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem. Did new ink cartridges work?
HP Recommended

Hello @ErinGi  and @Paulie3323,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're both encountering the ink cartridge error on your HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printers. I would like to assist you both with resolving this error state. More commonly than not an ink cartridge error like the one that you're both experiencing is caused by a dirty contact on the cartridge or inside of the printer that is causing the ink cartridge not to be detected properly. This would result in a false 'missing' or 'defective' cartridge error state. To resolve this error state can I please have you run through the steps below.

To start, can I have you click here to run through the 'Cartridge Missing' or 'Ink Cartridge Problem' troubleshooting steps. Once the support document opens please run through Solution two, Solution three, Solution six, and Solution seven. This also includes any sub-steps under each of the listed solutions.

Once troubleshooting has completed, please test the product to verify that the issue is resolved.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from the both of you! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue and followed the recommended steps to resolve but still getting error.  The symbol displayed is for the black cartridge.  I bought the printer in December 2014 and have printed only a few times with no problems.  I always keep the printer covered when not in use.  The warranty appears to cover my original cartridge but I can't seem to find a customer service phone number to find out where to get it serviced.  Costco will cover the 2nd year of warranty.  The "authorized support providers" within a 50 mile radius of my zip code doesn't display anything and I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

HP Recommended

Hello @Alice21,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that the steps I provided failed to resolve the cartridge error on your HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer. I would recommend reaching out to our Technical Support queue by phone to explore additional options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

unable to install cartridges satisfactorily to turn off error message "cartridges appear to be missing", tape has been removed, tri-color is on the left. I may have touched the areas not tso be touched.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.