Question

Student
bmgg
Message 1 of 2 (119 Views)

HP officejet 4500 wireless

I purchased this printer because I thought HP was a reliable brand and I needed a wireless printer. Everytime I turn the printer on, I have to realign the print cartridges. This is a waste of ink and paper but I guess a way to sell more ink.  Very frustrating the tech team has been of no use. "Just realign" is not a solution.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 2 (90 Views)

Re: HP officejet 4500 wireless

Hi bmgg,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Sorry to hear that you are having issue with the printer always needing to be realigned. I have had a issue like this with the same model and I was able to get the issue resolved just by doing one very simple step.  If you have the printer connected to a power bar/strip, please remove it and plug the power cable directly to a wall outlet. HP printers already have a built in surge protector and if you have it in a bar/strip, the printer will NOT get all the power needed to function properly and this will cause different issues. I have seen Ink System issues, False paper jams and Scanning issue all caused by the unit being plugged into power bar/strip. Here is a document that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

If you require more assistance, please feel free to write back and I will be more than happy to assist you..

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation