Question

C-W Student
Student
C-W
Message 1 of 5 (197 Views)

HP officejet 6500 wireless suddenly stopped printing black ink.

HP Officejet 6500 wireless has stopped printing black ink.  Followed all troubleshooting steps to no avail. Prints colors but black is either very faint or not present

Student
perrywahlin
Message 2 of 5 (179 Views)

Re: HP officejet 6500 wireless suddenly stopped printing black ink.

I experienced the same problem with my HP officejet 6500 wireless starting yesterday. I have tried all of the diagnostics, tests and other suggestions. All to no avail. I hope we can get some help.

Student
jeac
Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)

I have the same problem, the printer says the ink cartridge is empty put it is almost brand new, only

done about 40-50 pages in draft mode! What is wrong?

Student
lrgoodspeed
Message 4 of 5 (63 Views)

I'm in the middle of printing a manuscript and my HP 6500 stopped printing black ink.  I changed the cartridge, but still not printing.  What do I do?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 5 of 5 (58 Views)

Welcome to the forums Irgoodspeed:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about your Oj 6500 Wireless no longer printing in black ink. I noticed you have already changed the cartridge which did not help.

I would recommend following this troubleshooting guide:

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation