HP officejet pro 8500A plus (169 Views)
Tutor
fernan215
Message 1 of 3 (169 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP officejet pro 8500A plus

My printer is about two years old. i purchased ink two months ago and it started printing at the beginning and today it decided it does not want to print. I heard that you can clean the printheads but I don't know how to do it.

Please help

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: HP officejet pro 8500A plus

Hi,

You may clean the printheads by following the steps below:

1. Load plain white paper into the tray.
  2. On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
  3. Touch Setup ( ), and then touch Tools .
  4. Touch Clean Printheads . The printer cleans the printheads.
  5. Wait while the printer completes the printhead cleaning process, and then touch OK .
    NOTE:You might have to clean the printheads more than once for the best print quality.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Tutor
fernan215
Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: HP officejet pro 8500A plus

Thank you very much for your help. I tried to fix it that way and finally I had to call HP and they said that I have to buy a new printer because the printer keeps giving a msg (printer aligment failure). They also said that the 8500A came with problems so they advised me to get the 8600. I hope it works because this is the first time I have a problem with an HP product.

Thank you very much for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation