12-17-2013 12:58 PM
My printer is about two years old. i purchased ink two months ago and it started printing at the beginning and today it decided it does not want to print. I heard that you can clean the printheads but I don't know how to do it.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-17-2013 01:08 PM
You may clean the printheads by following the steps below:
- Load plain white paper into the tray.
- On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ) to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch Setup ( ), and then touch Tools .
- Touch Clean Printheads . The printer cleans the printheads.
- Wait while the printer completes the printhead cleaning process, and then touch OK .NOTE:You might have to clean the printheads more than once for the best print quality.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
12-20-2013 07:14 AM
Thank you very much for your help. I tried to fix it that way and finally I had to call HP and they said that I have to buy a new printer because the printer keeps giving a msg (printer aligment failure). They also said that the 8500A came with problems so they advised me to get the 8600. I hope it works because this is the first time I have a problem with an HP product.
Thank you very much for your help