Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
I have replaced the coloured ink as well as the black ink (364 cartridges) . I have no error message or nothing that i can see wrong. This is a wireless printer and when I print it still prints like the ink cartridges are empty. Especially the black, when it is printing it is in a pinkish colour. I have taken the cartridges out and put them back in numerous amounts of times and it still seems to print the same way. I am not sure how you check the printer heads to see if that is what is causing the problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Daniellehenshaw,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems printing. I have found the following troubleshooting steps for the HP Photosmart 5220 e-All-in-One printer that might help.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03955472

Please note that you have already completed the first few suggested solutions by replacing your cartridges and reseating them.

I hope that one of the remaining suggested solutions work for you.

Regards,

Lynn_B

Lynn_B
I work on behalf of HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Daniellehenshaw,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems printing. I have found the following troubleshooting steps for the HP Photosmart 5220 e-All-in-One printer that might help.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03955472

Please note that you have already completed the first few suggested solutions by replacing your cartridges and reseating them.

I hope that one of the remaining suggested solutions work for you.

Regards,

Lynn_B

Lynn_B
I work on behalf of HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Daniellehenshaw,

If you completed all the troubleshooting steps recommended by fellow Community member @Lynn_B  and are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The link supplied in your answer does not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.