09-02-2014 11:56 AM
I have replaced the black ink cartridge, I have cleaned the print head, I checked the installation of the print head
Everything seems fine
I cannot get black ink to work
The printer just went over 2 years old so It is out of warranty
I see on the web this is a known problem with these printers
Is the repair going to cost more than a new one?
09-02-2014 02:33 PM
I see you are having troubles with your black ink.
Please ensure you have completed all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. As you have a 6520, If the issue persists, I would suggest calling HP Phone Support even though the printer out of warranty as you may require a replacement printer. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.
Please let me know if the document resolves the issue, or if you called HP and the outcome of the call. Thanks.
I do not suggest having the printer repaired, I am confident HP phone support will help
Keep me posted.
Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbs Up below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!
Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?