Question

Student
bassbyblair
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)

HP photosmart 6520 black ink not working

I have replaced the black ink cartridge, I have cleaned the print head, I checked the installation of the print head

Everything seems fine

I cannot get black ink to work

The printer just went over 2 years old so It is out of warranty

I see on the web this is a known problem with these printers

Is the repair going to cost more than a new one?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (95 Views)

Re: HP photosmart 6520 black ink not working

Hi @bassbyblair  

I see you are having troubles with your black ink.

Please ensure you have completed all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. As you have a 6520, If the issue persists, I would suggest calling HP Phone Support even though the printer out of warranty as you may require a replacement printer. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide. 

Please let me know if the document resolves the issue, or if you called HP and the outcome of the call. Thanks.

I do not suggest having the printer repaired, I am confident HP phone support will help :smileyhappy: 

Keep me posted. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation