Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Also the same issue. This is beyond frustrating, especially in seeing so many others with the same problem. I live in Canada, using a Photosmart 7520 and a Mac 10.6.8 OS.

HP Recommended

Hi shazzer

I appreciate your frustration. Please log a case with the online form below

https://h30509.www3.hp.com/Rewards/Support

Can you please come back to me in a couple of days to let me know how you get on?

Many thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Mac - Same issue cannot connect to internet,,,,after changing all 4 carts. in my officejet 8600......obviously I am on the net 

HP Recommended

@WWDJR wrote:

Mac - Same issue cannot connect to internet,,,,after changing all 4 carts. in my officejet 8600......obviously I am on the net 

Hi, which printer model do you have?

HP Recommended

@shazzer wrote:

Also the same issue. This is beyond frustrating, especially in seeing so many others with the same problem. I live in Canada, using a Photosmart 7520 and a Mac 10.6.8 OS.

Hi shazzer

Do you have the following update?

Thanks, Ciara

Critical HP Software Update to fix issue that prevents the ability to claim HP Rewards.
2013-10-01 , Version1.1.0, 45.33M

This HP Software Update fixes an issue that prevents the ability to claim HP Rewards after installation of a genuine HP ink cartridge. The HP Recommended Software must be installed before you install ...

(More details
HP Recommended

that is what happened to me... only I can't even get to the rewards zone... I put all new cartridges in my 309 and it ruined the printer... I had to buy a new one... I have also asked hp for help with my 1600 laser printer and they won't even acknowledge my questions... it is regretful that they make a reasonable product but are such a crappy company when it comes to help.

HP Recommended

Hi jonmay49

Have you logged a case via the online form below?

https://h30509.www3.hp.com/Rewards/Support

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

We’re sorry, but this page is currently unavailable. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve your experience.   this is the answer that I get 

HP Recommended

I must agree with these older messages.  NOTHING has changed!  HP Rewards is hopeless and a scam.  Third time I have installed a Genuine HP ink cartridge into my HP Officejet Pro X476dn MFP PCL6, and third time in a row it gives me the HP Rewards dialog, "Redeem Your HP Reward!" Yet when i click on the "Claim Your Reward" link to retrieve my reward, I am told my PC is not connected to the internet, which it IS.  Never gives any reward or instructions how to get it.

Nicely wrapped package, but only full of EMPTY promises.  ;-(

Kileypup

HP Recommended
Links to a page not available! GREAT! Thanks for nothing.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.