Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been trying for months to get my rewards. When the box comes up congratulating me for installing genuine HP ink cartridges, and the green "Get Rewards Now" box displays, I'll click it, and it sends me to a generic internet screen that says, "Address not found" or something and tells me to please check my spelling, and so on. I clicked a link, I didn't enter the address manually, but apparently the site no longer exists. I've put at least 12 new cartridges in my HP Photosmart 5520 in the past six months (I use it for work), and not once have I been sent to an HP site. I'm always bounced to the Internet Address Error site. I've used Firefox, Mozilla, IE, and AOL, always getting the same results. This morning, I tried again when I installed a new black cartridge, and I got no response from the Get HP Rewards link.  Marcy 

At home in the Rocky Mountains
HP Recommended

Clara from HP provides a link for feedback for HP Rewards to let them know it doesn't work, but guess, what:

Rewards

We’re sorry, but this page is currently unavailable. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve your experience.

What a bunch of crap.  (and then even this posting was modified by the site bc the pasted message from HP was determined to have an "invalid HTML").

HP Recommended

And to follow up, I submitted the following, but it begs the question why their site doesn't work and if there was a direct access to the program its not just provided, instead of making us all waste more time.

I keep getting popup messages that I have "saved reward points" but your popup processes and does nothing but present the same box again.  I logged into the site with my already registered account and found no information whatsoever. ["Sign in and see your offers" - but nothing shown after signing in].  Even the first feedback link provided on the discussion board came up as "unavailable".  How many ways can you screw things up just to torture your (for the moment) customers?  If there is a program, how about providing access to a working portal???

HP Recommended

Seven pages and a year and a half of the same old error. Every single response, once pressed, is "Oh my... I'll have someone look into that and get back to you."  Guess what, no one ever fixes the problem and no one ever gets back to you.

HP Recommended

Hello, everytime I replace an empty cartridge the "Thank you for installing genuine HP ink cartridges!" window appears and when I click the "HP Rewards" button, it loads to 69% and then the "HP Rewards" button appears again and nothing else happens. This is the sixth time I'm replacing cartridges and everytime it's the same.

HP Recommended

its true

a screen popped up saying i would get rewards then when i authencated all the cartridages on the laserjet pro 251nw  it just took me to a screen saying

no risk found and thank you for authencating, and a close button

nothing about rewards.

Im just wondering why a company as large as hp would scam people into authencating that it is a geniun ink from them, it only makes the knock off market look more honest because at least they are not scamming us or saying if you buy our product we will reward you in another way, you get rewarded upfront with a lower price.  thats more honest then hp's method if you ask me

HP Recommended

Did Clara disappear from this forum?  Did HP let her go?  She or any other HP pro moderator do not seem to appear in this thread any longer. 

I have an Officejet Pro 8600

iMac w/ OS 10.6.8

Firefox as default browser 27.0.1

And have the same issues with HP Rewards being broken... in fact after the dialogue disappearing upon lack of connect, i found a message in my HP Utility Message Center.  Clicked on that link again, making sure before that I had a working and good connection to the internet, and this time received an error message stating the "a critical error occurred, please restart the Utility."  After restarting the HP Utility, my message regarding HP Rewards had disappeared.  And now I have wasted nearly an hour farting around with this!

HP Recommended

I get a thing saying it's a "one time use and only available at time of cartridge installation. your session has expired and this page is no longer available". This comes up when I put my new cartridge in and it says it's a HP cartridge and get my rewards. I fill everything in and submit and get the above quote. Same as last time I put in a cartridge. I see one of the rewards is the download of the HP Creations which is a free download anyhow.

HP Recommended

Hi @Ciara_B , can you check this one again? Thanks! 🙂

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Update to my original post.  They sent me directions, which got me in.  Then the app download I attempted stated it was available for PC and Apple computers.  I have a Mac, it downloaded a .exe file -- useless to the Mac.  I wrote that to support and have yet get a response.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.