Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@lf4tune 

Have you already submitted this issue into the online form for the HP Rewards team?

https://h30509.www3.hp.com/Rewards/Support

HP Rewards.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

This is an older thread, and yes, I've notified HP, as have hundreds of others that the rewards program was not working. We buy our ink, in it is the pamphlet with the instructions, and as soon as we load the ink, the Rewards Screen comes up. Click the Rewards button, and it takes you nowhere. The ink is expensive enough, and the Rewards are a bonus, but the link to them is broken...

At home in the Rocky Mountains
HP Recommended

Wouldn't it just be easier at this point to remove the Rewards pamphlet from the ink boxes?  Clearly there is no ability at HP to fix the broken logic on the site itself. Time to throw in the towel and admit defeat, guys.

HP Recommended

@MarcyAF 

Can I ask which printer model you have, and if you're using a Mac? (I know a while back there were some updates for Mac that fixed an issue with HP Rewards)

Meanwhile I'll pass this thread back on to the folks that work in the Rewards team.

Thanks, Ciara

Edit: sorry Marcy, just spotted one of your earlier posts that you have a PS 5510. 

HP Recommended

I replaced my first HP cartridge in a Photosmart 7520 and the Reward sbox opens after, but hitting the link never opens anything.  It stalls "reading device data" at 69% and stops.  What's supposed to happen?

HP Recommended

I just installed four new cartridges in my HP Photosmart 6520, to the tune of $61. I was able to claim my "reward" on one cartridge, but when I tried it on the next one, the process got stuck on (and I'm paraphrasing) "Getting Printer Info..." I tried clicking one of the other reward windows and clicking the claim reward button, and then the whole app stopped responding.  Had to go into Activity Monitor and manually kill the process. So, that blows my chance on the other three cartridges, seeing as how it's a now-or-never proposition. So I'm inclined to agree with the OP. This is bogus. Why not just reduce the price of the ink by the (tiny) amount of the value of the "rewards"?

Mac, OS X 10.9.1

HP Recommended

@doctormelodious 

Have you logged the details into the online form for the HP Rewards team?

https://h30509.www3.hp.com/Rewards/Support

HP Rewards.jpg

HP Recommended
I have done this for 3 days straight. Have you ever heard ckrickets sing at the artic circle? That has been the experience so far.
HP Recommended
I wonder if someone will file a class action law suit this would be a great opportunity for a lawyer
HP Recommended

@-Woody1 

Ok thanks, I'll pass that on to the Rewards Team and ask that they contact you. Ciara

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.