Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Rewards is hopeless and a scam.  Second time I have installed a Genuine HP ink cartridge into my HP7510, and second time in a row it gives me the HP Rewards dialog, yet when i click on the links to retrieve my (paltry) rewards, I am told the cartridge has been previously used, or my PC is not connected to the internet, or my printer "refused to send info".    They left out the 4th and most likely option, which is that the website, like all things HP of late, is a piece of outsourced junk and not maintained or working properly.

No more genuine ink.  I'll buy it at knock-off sites like I should have from the beginning, and once this printer dies (which all HP printers do these days) I will buy a Canon.  

Whatever happened to this great company over the past 10 years?   It''s a shame.

135 REPLIES 135
HP Recommended

Kevcof,

With the consistant message that the cartridge has been previously used, the PC is not connected to the internet, or the printer refused to send info when retrieving the rewards there may be an issue with the cartridge or internet connection from the program being used to view the website, computer, network, or printer.  If there isn't an issue with the printer stand alone then it more than likely isn't the ink cartridge.

The quickest, easiest, and first step to fix an internet connection issue is to unplug the printer, router, and modem then connect the power to the modem, router, and printer.  Next would be to set static IP settings on the printer.  Be sure to check the browser or use a different browser and check firewall settings if there is one.

To help the printer last longer, clean the the printer inside and out at regular intervals, keep the printheads clean, be careful with paper jams, power down correctly, and service your surge protector.

Not sure exactly what you mean.  You can click here to see what has been happening with HP over the past 10 years and check out places like the HP Newsroom or the Explore & Create tab.

I hope this helps!

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
HP Recommended

I totally agree with this poster.  This is my 6th Genuine HP Ink Cartridge and each time I get the same old message I am told the cartridge has been previously used, or my PC is not connected to the internet, or my printer "refused to send info".    All that is untrue. There is no rewards so do not buy into this Scam. Sorry to say, I had high hopes even if it was just a small item.  If I am told it is a reward then I want my reward for purchasing their products.  Looks like that ain't gonna happen folks. 

HP Recommended

I've had my HP Photosmart 7510 for almost a year now and it has NEVER given me my rewards.

It ALWAYS says "Error processing HP Rewards."

So, I'd have to agree that this is 1) a hopelessly executed rewards program or 2) an intentionally irksome UX designed to make us just say, "to hell with it" and not get our rewards. 

HP Recommended

Hi 7blades

I'm going to follow up with the HP Rewards folks on this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hi again 7blades

Can you please tell me which OS you're using?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.8.3
HP Recommended

I have the same problem every time and I do not have a connection problem.  I can print, access the internet, etc. and no matter how many times I try to connect to HP rewards, it will not connect properly. 

HP Recommended

Hi Jessica, can you please tell me your OS? Are you seeing a particular msg? Which printer model do you have?

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Windows 8 pro.  Just that it cannot connect and do I want to retry.  I did several times.

HP Deskjet 3050A

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.