Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just had the same experience, new HP printer, new cartridge.  Cannot connect to the internet message.   Waste of time and terrible PR for HP.   Some VP should be fired!

HP Recommended

Good for you.  I am experiencing a similar problem with HP Officejet Pro 8600 and have decided to give up and throw it away.  Had an HP Photosmart for 3 years and decide to purchase wireless scan,fax,copier,printer.  Terrible service.  I cant even get reimbursed for new set of inks purchased from HP during effort to repair. 

HP Recommended

I Agree 100% !!!

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Please find the below explanation on how HP Ink Rewards works and when can you redeem the same.

Firstly, please be informed that these Ink Rewards cannot be saved in your account.

When you purchase and install an HP original cartridge in certain HP printers, you gain access to a special website containing a variety of promotions. When you install an HP Original cartridge, the printer automatically identifies it and then guides you through the process to claim a reward. If the printer does not identify the cartridge as an HP Original product, an appropriate message will be displayed. These offers are updated periodically, but this site is only available at the time you install an HP original cartridge.

These offers are updated periodically and Hewlett-Packard Company may at any time, and without notice, add, change, replace or remove Rewards.

Thank you! I am an HP employee.

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” . if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I totally agree with you. I had an old HP all-in-one printer for many years and it worked well till it finally died. I ordered an HP Photsmart 7520 and had nothing but trouble. First they shipped it with a missing part. I had to ship it back for a replacement. After a year with little use, as I also have a Cannon printer (that has given me no trouble at all), the Hp printer would not accept its own black cartridge. After hours on the phone with HP for a replacement, they sent me another one. It still did not work. Finally, after many more hours on the phone with a technician, I fwas finally connected to a supervisor who sent me a replacement cartridge carriage. When it arrived and I opened the trial cartridges they spurted ink all over my desk and hands. Apparently, they were sealed too tightly with the orange cap. I was glad that I had my Cannon throughout the three month ordeal. All in all, I would never purchase another product from HP. They have gone down in quality and customer service. Today, I got a message that I'm entitled to their rewards. However, when I click on the link, it does not open. So much for HP!

PS My HP printer has rejected every re-manufactured cartridge. What a money making monopoly.

HP Recommended

I just googled this and found this forum. I am having the same exact problems and your post is dated 2012 and it is now 2015 so I guess it really  is a scam. I won't waste any more time on it. 

HP Recommended

rshall, please let me know what exactly you are looking for.

are you receiving any error message or you need more information about Ink Rewards?

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” . if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I also just purchased an HP Officeject 6812 a few weeks ago.  Just changed the ink for first time , get the redeem your award page, click on redeem, it goes through the whole process, no error messages, but the page doesn't change or say it's been submitted, just the same claim your reward page.

HP Recommended

I have just tried to redeem the free cartrigde offer, as I have set-up a new printer. Not happening, no internet connection.

It seems to be working just fine now.

HP Recommended

@Jenny57 it is not an option to redeem the free cartrigde offer. Please be informed that these rewards are HP's way of thanking our loyal customers for purchasing HP printing supplies. 

When you purchase and install an HP original cartridge in certain HP printers, you gain access to a special website containing a variety of promotions.  Please let us know if you have a specific question regarding HP Rewards and we will be happy to assist you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.