Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@kevcof wrote:

HP Rewards is hopeless and a scam.  Second time I have installed a Genuine HP ink cartridge into my HP7510, and second time in a row it gives me the HP Rewards dialog, yet when i click on the links to retrieve my (paltry) rewards, I am told the cartridge has been previously used, or my PC is not connected to the internet, or my printer "refused to send info".    They left out the 4th and most likely option, which is that the website, like all things HP of late, is a piece of outsourced junk and not maintained or working properly.

No more genuine ink.  I'll buy it at knock-off sites like I should have from the beginning, and once this printer dies (which all HP printers do these days) I will buy a Canon.  

Whatever happened to this great company over the past 10 years?   It''s a shame.

"Error in processing HP Rewards" even when they are authentic How convenient! If you quit out of the box you are no longer eligible for rewards For THREE Days waiting to see if the error will be cleared up Even in HP support when i search for the exact error message i get nonsense search results I am left to the conclusion that IT'S A SCAM TO MINIMIZE the number of people claiming rewards It's SO SLEEZY

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem in MacOS 10.8.3 just now...

HP Recommended

sc.jpg

HP Recommended

I get this same error. I have the latest mac osx and the HP photosmart 7520.

Note this is a brand new printer with brand new printer cartridges as stated by the printer. Everything on it works perfectly except for this rewards where i get the same error as vsanchez2.

Sent HP an e-mail about a week ago with no reply yet. Has anyone else had any luck??

HP Recommended

Hi jonpleasetalk

I'm going to help follow up on this. Can I ask are you based in the US?

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I've had the exact same problem using HP genuine ink with the same error message . I'm using OS MAC 10.7.5 and an HP Photosmart 7520. I live in Florida, USA.

HP Recommended

I am also consistently getting this message. I just replaced my third cartridge and each time I get the same "Error processing HP Rewards." Here is my computer info:

iMac running Mac OS 10.8.4 (10.8.3 also had the same problem)

HP Photosmart 5520

HP Recommended

Thanks for the heads-up guys. The so-called errors reported here could be done conveniently by an entity that refuses to honor its own claims and promises. Even mediocre promises, at that. Naturally, I cliked No, Thanks.

What is the mark-up involved in printer ink? I just read from a write-up on Computerworld that the ink used to print newspaper costs $0.16 an ounce. Human blood costs $17.27 per ounce. Silver, $34 per ounce. But, for the ink in inkjet printers, it could be $80 an ounce. Surely, ink used for everyday printing is several times more valuable than blood, is that what we are to believe?

How could we allow ourselves to buy utilitarian products with obscene profit margins? Our last laser printer worked for ten years and only had two toner changes. That's one toner every five years, and it cost under $100 each time. So, what we can do as consumers is, buy a cheap B&W laser printer from a company that offers cheap toners (judging by cost per page as done by independent lab tests), and if we need the occasional color pages, just go down to the nearest printing shop and get them done at a few cents per page.

HP Recommended

HP rewards must be broken.

Sadly, I get the same message.

Why bother if it does not work?

HP Recommended

same. and i onlt boaught tis printer a few months ago.. so, this has been a problem since 2010? and there are no actual answers to the problem... 😞 che.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.