Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My black cartride will also not print.  Second new cartride that I have used.  Tried to get print heads out of printer to clean and could not get out of the basket.  It has a bar accross the top that is one piece.  It looks like I have to take out the whole top of the printer.  Is there an easy way or a way I can clean the print heads.  Tried YouTube and could not find a solution.

Thanks for any help

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello jkcat5310,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I see you have tried to remove the printhead on your HP Officejet 4620 as it stopped printing in black ink. Unfortunately the OJ 4620 has a non removable printhead so it is not made to be taken out.

I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I want to remove my HP4620 Printhead and replace it, need correct proceedure.

HP Recommended

Hello @lebeckford,

The HP Officejet 4620 has a non removeable printhead. Please contact our technical support to see what options they have available for you.  

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I realize the printhead is not designed to remove, but because I have gon through all the alternative methods of cleaning the heads and repair is cost prohibitive.  I will modify the printer so that can replace the printhead.

I f that does not work I will switch to another manufacturer brand as it is to cost prohibative to us the HP brand.

Sincerely

Lawrence E Beckford

BSEE

HP Recommended
My HP 4620 is out of warranty and will not print in blackink. I want to menually clean the printhead. please advise
HP Recommended

Seems a common fault. Very disappointed. Bought an Aldi printer 16 years ago which works better!

Only used printer about 10 times. 18month old and out of warranty. Currys did not even set it up, properly.

Cannot get black ink to work, very expensive when cartridge does not print. It was working last time I used it,about 4 weeks ago and now will not print black,so is useless. Nothing changed so printer is a law unto itself. Have tried all suggested solutions. Note it says there are 3 steps to cleaning printhead butonly2 on printer, followed bycontact HP. Spent a fortuneon ink, more than printer. Shocking. Would not ever use HP again.

HP Recommended

Notmuch use. What isthe 3rd stageof cleaning printhead? My printeronly offers 2 stages.

HP Recommended

It is very expensive and a poor product!

HP Recommended

I wonder then... How does HP deal with this issue if it still fails to function?

They swap you for a factory refurbished unit I would assume, but then youre without a printer for _x_ days/weeks. I am working on this model printer for a local flower shop owner, who just spent 60 bucks getting new ink cartridges and her printer STILL doesnt print black. 

Im happy to see that there has been success using the printer head cleaning function built in software but at the same time I dont like the fact you cant remove the print head and clean it yourself.

Design flaws suck.

The next time I work on the printer, Ill try cleaning the print heads at least three times in a row. I hope it works on this one too.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.