Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

At first, I felt stupid that I didn't get the right kind of black ink cartrige for my HP7520 printer (uses 5 carts, not 4) and not knowing that the black ink that is sold in the store labeled as 564xl black doesn't work in the "special" black ink slot that has the pentagon shape on it.  Then, I got angry that HP is foisting this idiotic parts and supplies thing on us, because there is nothing in the manual or anywhere else that tells you where or how to buy the "special" cartrige! 

Now, I can't print photos, I can't buy a replacement cartrige, and I'm thinking the smarter thing to do is dump this HP printer in the trash and buy a Cannon or Epson. 

This is a really, really stupid idea, especially when you don't provide a solution or an obvious answer to your customers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, check out the link below for details.....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01839024

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I am sorry that you've had hard time finding the correct supply. The supply that you are looking is called "564 Photo" and not "564 Black". Here is a link with the information about this supply:
https://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Ink_Toner_Paper/HP-Ink/CB317WN?HP-564-Photo...

I work for HP.

HP Recommended

I agree that this is confusing. The OP said he was looking for the cartridge with the pentigon on it. The poster from HP said get "564 Photo".... but the "564 Photo" product does not have the pentigon on it, it has the symbol for the other black cartridge with a bow-tie looking symbol.

I pulled out the empty cartridge with the pentagon symbol and found a faint "CN684W" printed on the bottom next to where the ink comes out. Searching on that number pulls up an HP 564XL black with a circle symbol on the front of the box.

It could be that the poster from HP was mistaken?

There aslo seems to be confusion between CN684W and CB321WN.... 

HP Recommended

Hi, check out the link below for details.....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01839024

HP Recommended

Ciara_B, I really appreciate you help, as well as love2861. I think its great that you guys jump in like this. Even though your not speaking for HP, it sure makes HP look good.... Well done.

Oh, and fantastic link. I wish those symbols were on the ourside of the boxes, it would make it much easier for the consumer!

Mike

HP Recommended

you're very welcome Mike 

🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.