Question

Top Student
elsea
Message 1 of 6 (163 Views)

HP6500 printing nothing

Nothing is printing!

I have followed all instructions even to the point of purchasing a new printhead! It works fine for awhile then just stops printing. Please help! I am so frustrated!

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 6 (132 Views)

Re: HP6500 printing nothing

Please respond with which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

I would also like to add that if you have the printer power cable connected to a power bar/strip it can cause issues with the ink system as well as generate false errors on the printer display.  HP printers have a built in surge protector and if you have the power cable connected to a bar/strip, the printer will NOT get all the power needed to function properly. Here is a document that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

Thank you.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
elsea
Message 3 of 6 (127 Views)

windows and it is not printing anything again even after replacing the print head

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 4 of 6 (117 Views)

Happy to see that you are running Windows on your computer, howerver I will still need to know what version of Windows you are using (Windows XP,Vista, 7 or 8-8.1).

Thank you.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
elsea
Message 5 of 6 (87 Views)

Windows 7 Ultimate. The printer seems to be working fine but nothing prints. I have replaced the ink cartridge and purchased a new print head after  it with alcohol as instructed. It printed fine for 1 or 2 pages after each action then nothing again.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)

Hi again elsie.

Thank you for getting back to me with the operating system on your computer. I see that you stated that you had done some cleaning with alcohol. Just wanted to give you a friendly heads up that if you ever need to clean the ink cartridges or the printhead, please do NOT use any cleaners or alcohol.  The best liquid to use is bottled watter and a lint free cloth.  Do you have the printer power cable connected to a wall outlet now like I instructed? If yes, good.  On the front panel of the printer, please use the right arrow key and locate the setup menu. Press the setup menu and go to Tools. Once in the Tools menu, please use the right arrow again until you see Clean Printhead. Run through this cycle 2-3 times or until the print quality is back to normal.

If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know so that we can try other steps.

Thanks for your time. I am always happy to help.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation