Question

Honor Student
dapenguin
Message 1 of 6 (165 Views)

Have you solved the Photosmart 5510 not printing black issue yet

So I see that the latest post is about a year old.

I have followed all those steps and still cannot print black, though I can print in grey all day!!

This is really wierd and so far I do not see any actual steps that are helping.

Is there someone at HP looking into this?  These printers are not cheap!!  My old deskjet is running 5 years or more but this new fancy one seems to die out right after the warrenty expires

Thanks

daPengin

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 6 (136 Views)

Re: Have you solved the Photosmart 5510 not printing black issue yet

Hi dapenguin,

I see you are unable to print black from your Photosmart 5510, I'd like to help.

Please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back with your warranty status. Use the following link to check your warranty.

If your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please also include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
dapenguin
Message 3 of 6 (126 Views)

Hi SunShyn,

I tried all those steps and still cannot print, I can print in grey or any other color, just not black and sadly, the unit is out or warranty

thanks

DaPenguin

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 6 (114 Views)

Hi dapenguin,

I would very much like to do all I can to help. Please include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
dapenguin
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)

HI SunShyn,

I am in the US in Wa state. 

I appreciate any help you can give me to keep this from being a boat anchor.

thanks

DaPenguin

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)

Well dapenguin,  unless you're a sailor, you don't need a boat anchor :smileyhappy:

I am going to send you a private message, please check the little envelope in the top right hand corner.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation