08-06-2014 12:46 PM
I used my HP Office Jet 6600 All in one; yesterday to make several copies and it worked just fine. Today when I went to make some copies, the printer read "Error: There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn th printer off, then on. If problem persists. Contact HP" I have done this numerous times. Nothing, I contacted HP and all the help/advice that they could give was try cleaning out the ink cartridges. I also did this, but that did nothing. So I am left with problem. has this happened to anyone? Anyone have any suggestions?
08-07-2014 01:35 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I see that you are getting the error, "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn the printer off, then on. If
problem persists. Contact HP", with your HP Officejet 6600. I am happy to help you!
Please take a look through this guide. 'Problem with Ink System' Error Message Displays on the Computer During Setup.
If you have done all those steps already, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for your replacement/upgrade options. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.
Hope this helps you, and have a great day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?