Hi I have a HP Photosmart C4680 that beeps! (276 Views)
Honor Student
dabbsie
Message 1 of 4 (276 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hi I have a HP Photosmart C4680 that beeps!

Hi---

My HP Photosmart C 4680 is very low on ink. However, before I replace the cartridges, I'd like to know if the beeping sound I get

when I turn the printer on is indicative of another problem. It beeps for about 20 seconds, then the cartridge moves to the center and I can print. I've taken the old cartridges out, and I do know I need to purchase  new one.

So, what is this beeping sound? Again, it started when I would get flash warning from the HP solution center that my ink was low

Thanks 

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 4 (259 Views)

Re: Hi I have a HP Photosmart C4680 that beeps!

Hello,

Try doing a hard reset with the printer. Also, make sure the printer isn't plugged into a surge protector. 

Hard Reset:

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Take out the toner/cartridges

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector)

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
Honor Student
dabbsie
Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

Thank you. I'll give it a shot.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

No problem. Let me know the outcome.

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation