04-18-2012 01:35 PM
Hi, I have a Deskjet 2050 Special Edition all in one printer. The product number is CH355B. It was purchased 2010 in the UK but I live in Greece. I recently visited Thailand and bought new printer cartridges HP61XL (black and tri-colour) for my printer but when I returned home the cartridges are not recognised by my printer. But on the cartridge box its says HP Deskjet 2050 and that's why I bought them. Normally I use 301XL but I wasn't worried because it said on the 61XL box about 2050. So is there anything I can do? I don't have another 50 euros for more cartridges
04-18-2012 03:30 PM
The cartridges you use in thie printer depend on where in the world you originally purchased and set up the printer. So if your printer uses HP 301s, you have to continue to purchase only those cartridges - HP 61s won't work. If the cartridges you purchased in Thailand are still under warranty (you can check the date printed on the end of the cartridge), contact HP in your home country and explain the problem.
04-19-2012 02:39 AM
Thanks for your reply. I see that you are not actually an HP employee. But do you know how can I actually lodge a complaint about this printer cartridge issue. It doesn't seem fair that there is not printed information on the box of the cartridge warning the consumer that they shouldn't buy it in different regions of the world. And is there any kind of software I can download that can make my printer think it is from Thailand?! Also I find the website so really confusing I don't even understand how to contact my home country to ask about this problem.
04-19-2012 04:56 PM
Sorry, I know this is a bit frustrating. I’ve forwarded your concerns to product support management. Also, you’re right – the website is not as easy to use as it should be. To contact HP in any country, do this:
- Go to hp.com/support.
- Select your country.
- The Support and Drivers page for your country opens. Click the Contact HP button ( ) in the top right corner of the page to see contact options.
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies