Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I chose to print in black instead of cyan because the cyan ink is very low, but now, I need to print in cyan instead. How can I change that?mpt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thank you very much for helping

my problem is solved

settings > system setup > supply setting > color cartridges > very low settings > continue

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Miory,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Did you change the output to print in Gray scale and now you want to print in color?

Control Panel > icon view " Devices and Printers > Right-Click your printer >

Printing Preferences > Advanced >

Under Printer Features >> Print in Grayscale > Select "Off"

OK

Anbother way to control the color of what you print is to control the color of what is sent to the printer.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You" for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

while printing the cyan ink was very low, and I had to choose one of two choices so I can continue, one was to print in black and the other was to prompt the cyan. I chose to print 100 pages in black, but now, I want to change that and print with cyan.

btw all colors print normally except cyan.

my printer is (LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP m276nw)

thanks for helping

HP Recommended

Miory,

I guess I am missing the point.

If the ink was low and you had to choose to print in black to continue,
I should think you would still need to correct the issue with the cyan ink before you could use it again.

Replace the cyan ink cartridge with a fresh cartridge, try printing a Test page after you install the new cartridge.  This may "reset" the printer and allow it to print as expected.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

but I used to choose to prompt the cyan even though it is low but it prints perfectly!

HP Recommended

thank you very much for helping

my problem is solved

settings > system setup > supply setting > color cartridges > very low settings > continue

HP Recommended

Miory,

Well, it may be getting to the point where it is going to NOT print perfectly.

You may have to break down and stick a new cartridge in the slot.

The ink may be actually too LOW, it may be bad, the ink head may be clogged so the ink can no longer come out.

I just looked at the "how-to" guide for replacing the cartridges.  You might get a bit more life out of the cartridge by removing it and gently rotating the cartridge around and back / forth to redistribute the ink along the cartridge.  WARNING:  Shaking, stirring, turning, or otherwise disturbing the cartridge could be a bad thing -- in a different century and a different lifetime, we did do this on occasion to "stretch" resources on the old black and white printers in our network group.  Only try this AWAY from anything on which you don't want CYAN ink, you know -- just in case.

LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP m276nw - Replace the Cartridges

Meanwhile, you might order a cleaning kit and a new set of cartridges.  This is not a toy printer and you want to take good care of it.  Smiling.

Comments

I do not have a Laser Printer -- these business machines behave differently than do their little consumer cousins, the home network printer.  The issue you are seeing may not be a result of something for which the "common answer" is the correct answer.  You might be better served either asking the question at your local Printer store (where you will probably find a tech willing to at least answer a question or two).

Reference: 

HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw support

HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276 - User Guide

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

MIory,

Ah,  good.

I was typing when you replied.

I will leave the text as it does include the references to your printer's support pages.

Happy "Printing"!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you 

and yeah I am actually going to get a new set of cartridges

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.