How can I get my HP PSC 2110 to finish aligning new ink cartridges? (2540 Views)
Honor Student
GregoryGodot
Message 1 of 7 (2,540 Views)

How can I get my HP PSC 2110 to finish aligning new ink cartridges?

My computer has Windows Vista.  I changed the ink cartridges in my HP PSC 2110 printer.  I pushed enter to align the cartridges, and I got a message "aligning please wait".  The trouble is, that message never goes away.  How do I get it to finish aligning the print cartridges so I can print?

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 2 of 7 (2,507 Views)

Re: How can I get my HP PSC 2110 to finish aligning new ink cartridges?

Hello GregoryGodot,

Just power cycle the unit and see if it asks you to align the cartridges again when you power it on. If it does, try to remove the cartridges and clean the contact plates on the cartridges and in the carriage in the printer and then install the cartridges again as dirt or ink spill or similar could cause the alignment to fail.

If you can't get the cartridges aligned you could try to bypass the alignment like this: Press and hold Setup, press Options and then release both buttons.

This document contains some information and troubleshooting tips for alignment issues:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu00657&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=79488

Honor Student
GregoryGodot
Message 3 of 7 (2,468 Views)

I tried pushing the Setup button and the screen says "Busy."  So I cannot bypass the align cartridges.

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 4 of 7 (2,458 Views)

Hello Gregorygodot,

To bypass the alignment you need to press Setup and Options/Copy Options at the same time. It might take you a couple of attempts but you'll notice when it worked as you should notice that the display goes back to showing date/time.

Student
ed1937
Message 5 of 7 (2,396 Views)

I cannot get the printer screen out of  BUSY.  Whats next.  Tried using setup button but it doesn't work.

Student
joybelladonna
Message 6 of 7 (2,104 Views)

Please help me.  I cannot align the ink cartridges in my HP Office Jet, 4500 wireless printer.

Student
jbpin
Message 7 of 7 (1,986 Views)

My printer want finish the aligniment process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation